After moving to Australia the cuisine I miss the most is the Indo Chinese food. It is so popular in India next to Indian food. It is quite different from the authentic Chinese food. Probably can say Chinese inspired but with the added Indian heat and spices to suit the Indian palate.
Every time I visit a Chinese restaurant in Chennai India, my hot favourite fish to order is the Phuket fish usually as a side or starter. It is a spicy fish coated with lots of finely chopped onions, ginger and garlic tossed up in soy sauce and chilli. Recreating this delicious dish at home was truly an ecstatic moment.
I am so happy to share with you all this restaurant style Phuket fish. A very tasty and yummy recipe not to be missed.
Ingredients ( serves 2)
1. Basa fish ( or any boneless fish of choice)- 1 big fillet (350 gms)
2. Onion- 1/2 if small 1 finely chopped
3. Ginger- 2 tsp finely chopped
4. Garlic- 10 cloves finely chopped
5. Red chilli- 6 nos
6. Soy sauce – 3 -4 tbsp
7. Spring onions- a little
8. Coriander leaves: little to garnish (optional)
9. Pepper powder( ideally white but I used black) – a pinch
10. Oil and Salt as required
For the method please see my video below: