I am absolutely delighted to share that I have been chosen as one of the awesome bloggers for the “Awesome Blogger Award”. Recognition in every small and big way is a great encouragement and a reminder that we are doing something good.
Thank you very much Pia Kamut, photographer and recipe designer at the Spoonful O’ Spice blog :Spoonfulospice for nominating me. Do visit her blog for more beautiful recipes and get inspired.
About the Award –
“This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.”
My responses to spoonful O’ questions:
How often do you like to blog?
When I started my blogging in February 2017, I did multiple posts in a week to create content. After a reasonable number of 30 posts, the count has relaxed. As I am also doing vlogging of the content, my target is to do at least one post in a week.
What is your favorite vacation destination?
I have quite a few favorite vacation destinations. As a kid, I enjoyed the vacation to Ooty, in Tamil Nadu (India) along with my family. After marriage, Hamilton Island in Australia was a very beautiful spot. A place which I am longing to go is New Zealand. Hopefully I will tick it in my list soon.
Your one bad habit you would like to change?
This is a very tough question. Thinking hard. At the moment, I am working hard to control my temper when my son does not listen to me. Hope the yoga I started recently helps me with that.
Your top three chicken dishes?
- Chicken Biryani
- Pepper Chicken
- Grilled Chicken
Which is the best memory you have had so far?
Since my earlier question was on vacation. I always have fond memories of visiting my grandparents in Kerala. My grandmother (Muthashy) used to make Chakka Varatiyadhu (Jackfruit halwa) just for me using the olden style log wood and fire cooking. Absoluetly loved it and miss those days.
A quick dessert recipe you like to make?
Carrot halwa is my alltime favourite. With a stock of carrots always in the fridge, I tend to make that quite often.
A nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
Many people close and far keep doing nice things. Its hard to say just one. Now its you for choosing me as an awesome blogger!
Your favorite horror movie?
I think Evil Dead, though I don’t remember which part. I was so scared after watching.
How did you start blogging?
I tried to be a vegetarian but it lasted only for 3 months. During that time, I started exploring and trying out new recipes which inspire me and shared it on Facebook with my friends. Then I wanted to keep a repository of the pictures and videos I was making. And TheHomeChef started.
One cooking skill you would like to learn?
I would love to learn the art of cake decorations. Never tried it before.
I Nominate :
- Chitra Sundaram (https://chitrasrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Andrea (http://cookingwithawallflower.com)
- Krešo (https://chefkresorecipes.wordpress.com)
- GratifyCooking (https://gratifycooking.com)
- Jyoti (https://jyotiskitchenblog.wordpress.com/)
TheHomeChef questions – for the Nominees
- How did you chose the name of your blog?
- How does your Guest menu usually look like when you invite people over to your place?
- What is the one thing you want to do always but keep postponing?
- How do you rate yourself in terms of eating healthy in a scale of 1 -10 (10 being the healthiest) ?
- Which is the country you first visited outside your home country?
- What are your favorite cuisines?
- If you like to change one thing about your life what would it be?
- Which is your favorite book?
- Which is your favorite joke or puzzle?
- Who is the best cook apart from you and name your favorite dish they cook?
The HomeChef rules –
For those of you, who accept this nomination….
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include the reason behind the award.
- Include the banner in your post.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
Spread the happiness, keep the nominees rolling and make their day!