I must say that the Pressure cooker is one of the most useful kitchen utensils that I own. It has become an inevitable part of my every day cooking especially when it comes to cooking the traditional dals (lentils) and meat. But recently I have been doing a lot of OPOS dishes(One pot one shot) which is a very unique style of cooking dishes. The below hacks have been inspired from that.
Here, I am sharing three hacks which will surprise how simple it is when it is done using a pressure cooker.
- Masala Chai – Serves 2: Ever since I discovered this, it has always been chai using the pressure cooker at my home. Easy and stressfree way!
- Pour 2 cups of milk in a Pressure cooker( used 5 litre cooker).
- Add 3-4 tsps of loose leaf tea powder.
- Add 1 -2 cardamom pods and optionally ginger piece.
- Pressure cook on high for 1 whistle and switch off.
- Let the pressure settle (around 5 mins)
- Open lid and strain the tea using a filter.
- Add sugar to your taste.
- Stir well and enjoy tasty Masala Chai!
2. Boiled egg
- Place the eggs inside the pressure cooker (used 2 litre cooker)
- Add 1.5 cups of water
- Cover and pressure cook on high for 1 whistle
- Remove from heat and let the pressure settle.
- Open the lid and peel the eggs
- Perfectly boiled eggs are ready.
3. Polish silver utensils
- Place the silver vessels inside the pressure cooker
- Cover it with water. Make sure it does not cross 3/4th the level of the cooker.
- Put a small ball of aluminium foil.
- Add 1 tbsp of baking soda
- Cover and pressure cook on high for 1 whistle and remove from heat.
- Let pressure settle and open.
- Remove the vessels and wipe it using a paper towel
- Super polished silver vessels are back.
Please watch the video which shows all the 3 hacks tried and tested below to believe what I just wrote.