The most yummiest comfort food would be the pizza. It is great if it is homemade where you choose the toppings of your choice with the quantity you want and tailor it to the tastes and likes of ever member in the family.
It is one of the most enjoyable dishes as you can get to have the kids involved and most definitely the husband too.
For the pizza dough (makes ~5 medium pizza):
- Plain flour- 4 cups
- Yeast sachet(7g) – 1
- Sugar – a little
- Warm water – 1.5 cups
- Olive oil – a little
- Salt- a little
- Activate the yeast by mixing the sachet in warm water with little sugar and stir. Keep aside for 5 mins
- Mix it into the flour with little salt. Knead the dough for 10 mins and set aside in a bowl lightly oiled. Cover it and leave it to rise in double ~ 30 mins.
For the Pizza:
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1/2 sliced and pan fried
- Zucchini – 1 thinly sliced
- Mushrooms – 1/2 cup sliced
- Red Pepper- 1/2 sliced
- Baby Spinach leaves- few
For the method please watch the video: Features Ashok (my husband) who helped me do the Pizza 🙂