Butter Chicken is a very famous Punjabi dish which is believed to have been first created in the 1950s by Kundan Lal Jaggi at his restaurant Modi Mahal Delux in Delhi. Its popularity has grown leaps and bounds to all corners of the world and is one of the favourite dishes to many.It is mildly flavoured and gets a bright orange colour naturally from the tomatoes and the Kashmiri chilli powder used in the recipe. Though traditionally the chicken is cooked in a tandoor, here we cook it in a pan or grill.
Enjoy this much sought after dish liked from kids to adults. Truly a mouth watering restaurant style Butter chicken recipe.
Ingredients: serves 2-3
1. Chicken breast or with bone( your choice )- 500 gms
2. Kashmiri chilli powder- 1 tbsp
3. Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
4. Yogurt- 2-3 tbsp
5. Salt as needed
6. Lemon juice- few drops
7. Garam masala- 1 tsp
8. Oil- 3 tbsp
For base gravy:
1. Onion- 1
2. Tomatoes- 3 (used roma)
3. Butter- 60 gms
4. Oil- 2 tbsp
5. Cardamom pods- 3-4
6. Garlic- 4 cloves
7. Ginger- 1 /2 inch size into juliennes
8. Green chilli deseeded- 3-4
9. Kashmiri chilli powder- 1 tbsp
10. Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
11. Kasthuri methi 1 tsp crushed. I used dried coriander leaves instead.
12. Cashews – 10 or double cream 1/4 cup
Please watch video for recipe.
Also please subscribe to my Youtube channel and enable the bell icon for all future uploads.
Feel free to like and share too!!