Chicken 65 is a very popular starter or sidedish which has its origins to Chennai, a city in Tamil Nadu, India. It was created by the hotelier A. M. Buhari in 1965 and now they have a huge chain of Buhari hotels.
The reason behind keeping the name with a 65 has many theories like it is made using 65 chillies, it is made using chicken which is 65 days old etc.
It is a classic dish where the chicken is deep fried after marinating with masalas.
Hope you enjoy this version and also don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Ingredients ( Serves 3-4)
1. Chicken ( boneless or with bone)- 500 gms
2. Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsps
3. Chicken 65 mix- 3 tsp or Chilli powder- 3 tsp
4. Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
6. Cornflour- 2 tbsp
7. Lemon juice- few drops
8. Salt to taste
9. Oil- as required for frying
10. To garnish (optional): onion-1/2, Curry leaves- few, chilli
powder-1/4 tsp, turmeric powder- a pinch
Please watch video for method!