I just tried out this recipe to use up some of the ingredients lying in the fridge. It was a very successful creation I must say. Truly a mouth watering dish when you crave for a sweet something.
- Pancakes – 3 minimum (making of pancakes added separately below)
- Vanilla Cream cheese filling – 3-4 tbsp (Making of vanilla cream cheese added separately below)
- Strawberries- 2
- Nuts of choice- Almonds or pistachios will be great- 5 chopped
- Whipped cream (optional)- for topping.
- Maple syrup – 3 tbsp
- Cook the pancake as per instructions below. Minimum 3 will be required for this recipe.
- Spread the vanilla cream cheese ( method below) over each pancake and create a sandwich of 3.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the pancakes and top it with some whipped cream.
- Surround the pancake sandwich with strawberries, nuts and more maple syrup.
- Yummy Pancake with cream cheese is ready to be served.
For the pancake:
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Caster sugar
- A little less than 1 cup milk
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- Mix all the ingredients together to bring to a batter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter to a pan on medium heat drizzled with little oil and cook on either side for 1-2 mins till it cooks through.
- Repeat for making more pancakes. Min 3 will be required for this recipe.
Vanilla Cream cheese filling:
- Cream cheese – 3 tbsp
- Caster sugar- 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence/extract- few drops
- Mix all the ingredients together to bring it to a smooth spreadable consistency.