Chilli Chicken is a very popular dish in all the Chinese restaurants in India. It’s one of the best accompaniment to fried rice or noodles. It is a hot favourite at our home. Enjoy this tasty and mouth watering recipe that can be easily cooked in restaurant style!
Ingredients (serves ~2)
1. Chicken cut (boneless preferred)- 250 gms
a. Chilli powder- 1 tsp
b. Kashmiri chilli powder- 1 tsp
c. Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
d. Corn flour- 1 tbsp
e. Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
f. Egg- 1/2
For gravy base:
a. Onion – 1
b. Green chilli- 3
c. Soy sauce-2 tbsp
d. Chilli sauce- 1 tbsp
e. Ginger- 1 tbsp
f. Corn flour- 1 tbsp
g. Kashmiri chilli powder- 1-2 tsp
h. Spring onions- to garnish
i. Capsicum- 1/4
j. Oil as required for frying and gravy
- Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Add all the ingredients for the marinade to the chicken.
- Marinate for minimum 30 mins.
- Deep fry the chicken and set it aside.
- For the base gravy, first take some oil in pan.
- Add the onions,green chilli, ginger and stir well.
- Also add the soy sauce, chilli sauce, corn flour mixed in little water.
- Combine well. Add little Kashmiri chilli powder to enhance colour and 1/2 glass of water. Check for salt and add if required. Bring it to a thick gravy consistency.
- Add the fried chicken, green capsicum and spring onions.
- Stir well and yummy Chilli Chicken is ready.
- Enjoy with fried rice or noodles.
Video recipe can be found in the link below: