One of the most popular Indian breads and a hot favourite in all Indian restaurants is the Naan. I always thought that we must need a tandoor oven to cook a naan. But I was pleasantly surprised that we can still make it at home with the same effects of a tandoor oven by using a simple gas stove at home.
This recipe shows how to make Naan at home in restaurant style tasting more delicious and softer than any other restaurant. The toppings can be changed to get different types of naans or skip it to get plain naan. A great and easy recipe to try today.
Chilli Garlic Naan
- Plain flour or Maida- little over 2 cups
- Yeast sachet (7g) – 1/2 sachet
- Sugar- 1/2 tsp
- Warm milk- 1/3 cup
- Yogurt- 3- 4 tbsp
- Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
- Salt as required
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Chopped garlic- 3 tbsp
- Chilli flakes as required
- Coriander leaves- a little
- Butter or ghee a little as required for topping (optional)
Please find the video recipe below: